Flying in the face of conventional wisdom, the dedicated experimenters over at makeRF.com have hacked the can with simple mods to deliver a 1/4 watt AM radio transmitter.
With a properly loaded wire antenna and a good RF ground, the modded can transmitter just might get out a bit.
makeRF.com put together a nice, three-part tutorial to walk you through the project. Next, we'll link you back to some of our most popular posts on antennas and grounds to complete the picture.
- Fun with crystal oscillators, part 1
- Fun with crystal oscillators, part 2
- Fun with crystal oscillators, part 3
- 1.0 MHz Full Can Crystal Oscillator, used in the above project
- LM386 Low Voltage Audio Power Amplifier (Quantity 5 each, in case you fry one), used at the modulator above
- Small Electronic Circuit Test Board Breadboard, a great protoboard for this project
- Color-coded, insulated Breadboard Jumper Wires 140Pcs, to make the connections easily
- Line matching transformer, for the modulator above